In many cases, a company would have a certain contract or order form that is used repeatedly. Saving these documents as SignTime templates allow you to quickly send the commonly used documents without having to go through the whole document preparation process each time. This article will introduce the process to create document templates using SignTime.
There are just a few steps when creating a template.
1. Upload Document & Add Information
"Templates" located in the top navigation menu will bring you to the templates page, where the "Create Template" button can be found. Click on "Create Template" to start the template creation process.
Upload a file to save as a template. We allow many types of file formats to be uploaded, but all files will automatically be converted into a PDF-file.
Add basic information about your template.
- Subject : Used in the signature request emails
- Can be changed when launching template
- Tag List : Can be used to keep documents organized and easy to search
- Multiple tags can be added by separating tags with a comma (,)
- Can be added/edited/deleted in the template details page as well as when launching template
- Will not be shown to recipients
- ex) customer ID, template ID, etc
Add information about people involved (recipients of the document).
- Role : Role name (ex Signer A, Signer B, Viewer A, Viewer B, etc)
- Type : "Signer" for signers and "CC" for viewers
- Signer Sequencing : When enabled, signers receive and sign the document in the order specified
* Duplicates of role names will result in error
2. Template Overlay (Add Field Components)
"Drag and drop" each field component onto the template. At least one field component must be added to each signer.
*Read more about Add Field Components to Documents and Templates
The following field components are available to use :
- Hanko : This field allows a user to add an auto-generated personal stamp (up to 6 characters)
- SignTime users can pre-register a Hanko image and select when signing
- Sign : This field allows a user to sign the document (either handwritten or auto-generated)
- Text : This field allows a user to enter text (letters, numbers, special characters)
- Date : This field allows a user to add a date
- Check : This field allows a user to add a checkmark
- Initials : This field allows a user to add their initials (entered or auto-generated)
- Attachment : This field allows a user to upload and attach a file
- Useful when requesting personal identification documents
- Merge : This field allows a user to automatically fill values when launching templates
- Useful when some text in the document needs customization based on recipient
After all necessary field components are in place, continue to preview template.
3. View Template (Preview)
Review and edit template before launching template. A template can only be edited before the first document is launched using the template. If a template has been launched but needs to be edited, use the "Clone Template" function to create an editable copied version. All templates created can be seen in the "Templates" list and "Organization Templates" list.
*Template Settings "Allow teammates to launch the organization templates" must be enabled to see all templates created by team members in the "Organization Templates" list