After uploading and adding recipients to a document, you add field components to indicate where and how your signers will provide information and electronic signatures.
Field Component Types
Field components include, but is not limited to handwritten signatures. The following field components are available to use :
- Hanko : This field allows a user to add an auto-generated personal stamp (up to 6 characters)
- SignTime users can pre-register a Hanko image and select when signing
- Sign : This field allows a user to sign the document (either handwritten or auto-generated)
- Text : This field allows a user to enter text (letters, numbers, special characters)
- Date : This field allows a user to add a date
- Check : This field allows a user to add a checkmark
- Initials : This field allows a user to add their initials (entered or auto-generated)
- Attachment : This field allows a user to upload and attach a file
- Useful when requesting personal identification documents
- Merge (available for templates only) : This field allows a user to automatically fill values when launching templates
- Useful when some text in the document needs customization based on recipient
Add Field Components
To add a field component, simply drag-and-drop a field component directly onto your document. Although each component is added with several default settings, these settings can be manually changed.
Adjusting Field Component Size
Hanko, Sign, Text, Initial, Merge
Click-and-drag the lower right corner to adjust the field component size.
Date, Check, Attach
Field component sizes are set by default and cannot be adjusted.
Click on a field component to change option settings.
Hanko, Sign, Text, Date, Check, Initial, Attach
- Field Required : This indicates if the field component is a required field (default : true)
- Which singer needs to fill this out? : This indicates which signer the field component will be used by.
- Each signer must be assigned to at least one field component
- Component Name : This indicates a field name to be used for merge field mapping
Hanko, Sign, Text, Date, Check, Initial, Attach, Merge
- Background transparency : Transparent, White
Text, Date, Initial, Merge
- Font size : 7-24 (based on MS Word font size)
- Font family：New Tegomin, Source Han Sans
- Text type : Single line, Multiline
- Field type : Text, Numbers, Phone
How do the values look when filled out by signers?
When placing each field component, the key to getting it perfectly aligned in your document is to understand how the values are aligned for each field component.
Hanko, Sign, Text (Text type : Multiline), Date, Initial, Merge (Text type : Multiline)
Values are aligned from the center left of field
Text (Text type : Single line), Merge (Text type : Single line)
Values are aligned from the top left of the field (multi-line)
Files are not shown in the document, but is available to view and download in the document details page
*Field component placement vs how they look after signing
No account yet? Sign up now for free!
Any questions? Reach out to us and we'll get right back to you!